
At our church staff meeting on Monday we were instructed to start our corporate worship time in private worship, thanking God for the amazing beauty of his handiwork as displayed in the brilliant Autumn leaves we could all see from the windows with the majestic mountains in the background. As I silently prayed, God spoke to my heart something I hadn't been thinking at all, "Those leaves are beautiful, but remember, they're dead or dying." He then impressed upon me that I am beautiful too when I die to myself and let His Spirit shine in and through me. I am so thankful that He makes all things new! On my own I would still be dying, but without the beauty of new life in Him. But the merciful truth is that I am a new creation, created in Christ Jesus to do good works. In Him lies my only true beauty and I wouldn't want it any other way.
7 comments:
God is so Good! I like this.
Hey...go to my home page and see the people I tagged to follow..you ahve got to check out ...no place like home...oh my goodness...you will love it!
Hi Chris, I checked out that blog. So great! Thanks for the tip. Happy October! Love, Jax
You should add the follower gadget...it is really cool. Your post is on my dashboard page and it shows when you write a new post...it shows all the posts of all the people you follow. It really is pretty cool!Dad got in and left a message...he said he liked our blogs! So now we are forced to behave in her!...lol hugsssssss and have a good day!
I ask you...is there now where safe...lol
grrr typo...*here amd no...you fix 'em!
YOU are awesome my Friend!!!! I miss your daily insight! God has sure used you to bless and grow me and I am thankful I still get to connect (tho 1000's of miles away now!) through this blog. I LOVE seeing your new family pics and stories!! I can only hope to make mine "pic-tified" like yours soon! I have to say that when I couldn't sleep 2 nights ago I looked at Meralee's (SP?) food blog...what a COOL thing!! It made me remember with fondness my pre-children days of endless time AND I am totally into Bento lunches!! How incredibly cool!! Your niece is quite the talent!!!! I want to be like her! ANyway, blessings on you and your darling fam!! Tell Carl we have joined the ranks of the Ebay car buyers (note my blog). We love you all so much and miss you madly. TZ
Post a Comment