Friday, April 24, 2009

Show & Tell Friday

 

 

 

 


Here is this week's edition of Show & Tell Friday. :) A few years back we had an incident. Our friend Dwayne was working on our kitchen cabinets and as he removed a side cabinet, the one next to it that held all our dishes came crashing down! It seems the previous owner had it fastened to the wall by only two nails and the other cabinet had been helping to support it. YIKES! The sound of crashing dishes, cups and glasses seemed to go on forever! Thankfully Dwayne was not under the rubble and was unharmed.

Being the optimist (and opportunist - ha!) that I am, I decided to replace my broken dishes with these lovely ones from Portmeirion. These pieces are from the Botanic Garden line. I think they are wonderful. I didn't get a picture of all the different plates, dishes and cups because my camera needs batteries, but you'll get the idea. :)

If you want to see more Show & Tell fun-ness, click on over to Kelli's blog. She is the fine hostess of Show & Tell Fridays.

Blessings all,

Jax

12 comments:

Christine said...

My neighbor Lynn collects this same pattern.It is pretty. I like how you have them on the wall. I am now actually seeing these in T J Max for a great price too!!!! Man I love that store. I have even found my Polish Pottery there. Have a good week end.

Susan B said...

Beautiful dishes! The pattern is so lovely and delicate. Thank you for sharing! Have a lovely weekend.

Bonnie said...

Jax, I really like those dishes too. Im with Chris - I think I have seen them at TJ Max - but Im never quite sure if they are the same pattern. Love ya, Bonnie

Jadehollow said...

Hi Jax,
So sorry that you lost your previous dishes.. Their replacements are gorgeous. I love the heart flower blooms on your header.. I've never seen those before. Thanks for sharing your new treasures with us today.
Have a Great Weekend.
Hugs,
Debbie

P-Dot said...

Gorgeous Dahling.....simply Gorgeous!
I have a dish thing and I almost bought some at TJ Max today....it was a narrow escape. I have no where to put them and no one eats off of them but me.

Unknown said...

I recognised your Portmerrion immediately! I have a few serving dishes which I love to use.

Sandra said...

Those are so pretty.

CarJax said...

Thanks friends! We don't have TJ Max up here, but my best deals have been eBay with no shipping and big discounts. Love that! Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jax

Anonymous said...

Pretty...I have the teapot...and I got it on eBay!

Blessings,
Susie

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my, what an accident. Glad no one was hurt. Your new pattern is just stunning. Love the colors, so cheery. Isn't it wonderful to have something new. This is really turning a mishap into a wonderful happening. Hugs, Marty

shawnalyne said...

Good ol' Dwayne! Do you stay in touch with them?

Anonymous said...

I guess a good thing came from the loss of your other dishes, very pretty.



Corrie ten Boom interview - Inspiring!

Awesome Study I did in 2009