Friday, April 23, 2010

Katie's UAA Ballet Class Final Assignment


I love watching Katie perform. She started later in her youth (as a mid-teen) and it still amazes me how quickly she went from not having much rhythm to being a dancer. I wasn't able to be there for this final assignment / performance because the UAA room is so small that guests aren't able to attend when multiple classes are there. Thankfully, another student took this video for us with our camera. The quality isn't real clear (confirming why I NEED a flip video camera! - LOL), but it's fun for me to watch all the same. :) Katie is the one in the second row to the far left at the beginning. She has a hairbun, a top that criss-crosses in back and another tank top over it, and tights that go down almost to her ankles (hopefully these things will help you follow her along on the video). Oh yes, and when they are finished and taking their bow, she is the second to the end closest to the camera. Happy viewing!

Here she is with her (modern dance) classmates . She is kneeling on the left hand side of the picture.

3 comments:

Tammyz said...

WOW!!! FABULOUS job, Katie!!! :D

Christine said...

I loved watching this..I am so glad you posted this Jackie! Tell Katie great job!

Unknown said...

Very, very graceful. She definitely has what it takes. Loved it. Thanks Jackie.



Corrie ten Boom interview - Inspiring!

Awesome Study I did in 2009