Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Be a Highlighter!

My sweet friend, Tammy Z., shared something so great today that I have to pass it on. She told about the talk she heard at her church's Mom's & Beyond study. Here's what she shared: "The speaker's topic was Jesus as our Shepherd and the challenge was to shepherd our own kids as The Shepherd shepherds us with provision, protection, and guidance. Great message, but, this is what struck me... We as mom's have the God-given ability to light the way for our kids and to shed light on things...the speaker challenged us to be a highlighter in their lives rather than a sharpie (to me, the difference between gentleness and harshness...) WOW! ...this was a great word picture for me!" Isn't that great? I loved it. That is definitely what I want to be - a highlighter, not a sharpie! Lord help me to be just that to my sweet family and others you place in my path. Thanks Tammy for sharing such a good word. Blessings, Jax

The highlight of Tammy's life: Greg, David & Kymi (standing in 2 countries at the same time!)

Tammy, David & Kymi saying goodbye to Alaska (boohoo!)

1 comment:

Christine said...

This is good as long as it isn't taken to far..I can honsetly give you a list of a few kids who really could use a sharpie!...lol

I know I am so bad!...just ask my kids...lol



Corrie ten Boom interview - Inspiring!

Awesome Study I did in 2009