An incomplete list of some things I am thankful for:*The love of God (3 in 1) and the abundant life He has given me
*The love of my husband and children
*The love of my parents and siblings and their families (and my extended family)
*The love of my in-laws (parents, siblings and families and extended family)
*The love of friends near and far; old and new
*An amazing church family
*A healthy body and mind
*A pleasant home and plenty of food
*A joyful disposition
*Pain that produces compassion
Love,
Jax
5 comments:
I love the little girl praying and your thankful list is grand.
I'm just thankful to still be here cause I'm not done yet.
Happy Thanksgiving to the family and lovely Mom, Cook, etc.
Thanksgiving back, Sweet Penni. With whom will you be spending it?
Oops... That was suppose to be - Happy Thanksgiving back! :D
awwwe what a sweet picture...almost looks like a young Katie to me. Happy Thanksgiving to the whole family...thankful for each and everyone of you guys! Wish we all could be together this Thursday! Hugsss
Chris, I was thinking that myself and I haven't even seen her in years, (except in pictures)
Jackie, I offered to come to Mark's early Thursday and fix a complete dinner. They told me last week that we had all been invited to their friend Elan's house. He is from Brazil, recently divorced, and has hired a chef to cook dinner. Of course that means no leftovers ....ugh!!!
Then this morning I get a call from Dianna asking me for a recipe for green bean casserole. She doesn't cook much. Seems like he has no idea what to tell his foreign cook to fix for Thanksgiving as they aren't from here. Dianna said when she asked him about meat he said he had two chickens and something that he didn't know the name of in English.
She was cracking up as she told me. She is going to make deviled eggs and green beans and I am going to make Mrs. Farkle's cranberry salad that over the years has become known in our family as Mom's
Cranberry Salad. I just found a recipe for curried sweet potatoes that I might do. I hate candied ones and only like them baked with butter but most folks don't like them that way. I will let you know how it turns out....the whole day that is. Oh, and she is going to call her mother, who doesn't cook much, and ask her to bring something. Wouldn't it have just been easier for me to come to their house and cook and invite Elan?
Post a Comment