Saturday, December 6, 2008

Jingle Jam!


 

 

 

 
Last night was our Christmas Program at church. The best part for me was watching our little toddlers and preschoolers perform their sweet little songs about baby Jesus. There were around 400 + in attendance and it was a really fun event. After our preschoolers went back and sat with their parents, the elementary singers and dancers performed as well as the adult actors that did skits, etc. They all did a great job. After the program was done, everyone was invited to the Fellowship Hall to visit, eat yummy peppermint flavored cookies (by Chef Vern from the UAA Culinary School), decorate them with colored icing (which most of the children opted to do of course), and sip hot cocoa, hot cider or refreshing water. We ordered 900 cookies and all but maybe 150 - 200 were consumed. The others we are saving for next Friday's event - Parent's Night Out. It was a night full of joy! Blessings, Jax

P.S. Thanks Barb K. for the pictures!

6 comments:

littleboyblue said...

You do such a great job keeping on top of your blog! Last night was fun and I'm glad I went. You put lots of work into it. Kudos to you! Great pics, but you forgot one!

P-Dot said...

How many are members at your congregation? Sounds like a big church.
I just stumbled in from working all morning here at the apartment cooking and then all afternoon cooking at church for the big party tonight. Big sit down dinner Southern style. My pal Naomi spearheaded it this year and she is originally from the south. I know the menu didn't make sense to a lot of the Californians but it sure did to me. Ham, macaroni and cheese, potato salad, green beans, green salad, and cupcakes for dessert. A typical southern Christmas dinner.
I told her next year I will be in charge of dinner and it will be typically English with beef roast and yorkshire pudding, etc. Last year I helped a gal from South America do the dinner. She did what she thought was a typical American dinner with ham and all the things we would have to go with it.
The pics are good of the little cherubs but what pic is missing? Snoopy old women want to know.
Luv u.....Pdot.

littleboyblue said...

The missing picture is of Jackie, on stage, helping the little ones get set up. I didn't figure she would put it on, but I got her back later.

CarJax said...

Barb (littleboyblue), you are such a stinker! Barb took the pictures, Penni. Our regular weekend attendance is around 1200. We are bursting at the seams and hope to start our expansion project in 2009. Hugs, Jax

Christine said...

How sweet is this...way to go Snackie! Loves ya and wish we could of come to see this special event. Hugs =O) Finally got our computer up and running! ELLIOT!!!!!!!

Christine said...

Yeah, I had to call comcast and have them walk us through the on line problem. Elliot did something to get everything turned off. Thank goodness for comcast computer techs!...lol



Corrie ten Boom interview - Inspiring!

Awesome Study I did in 2009