Here is what Katie has been working on today. It's a homework assignment for her English Composition class. She wrote a term paper about two great culinary artists and one is a well known cake maker/decorator. She is going to write about her experience and the class is going to eat her research this Monday at their Christmas party. :D I thought it was adorable. But not as adorable as my very own cute and clever culinary artist. Holiday hugs 2 all, JaxP.S. I forgot to mention that Katie made the cake from scratch. Here's the recipe, if you are interested. It is tasty. She made her first one last week with chocolate frosting. YUM!
15 comments:
How come we never had assignments like this in school? Wow, what a great looking cake. She's her Mother's child, isn't she!!!!
Hey Aunt Jakie! Tell Katie I LOVE Her Cake! It is soo cute! I can never think of ideas like that for papers. She always comes up with some thing original ;) Give everyone up there my love
Kayla
Hi Penni, I know right. And she is definitely her mother's child -in the procrastination department. Ha!
Hi Kayla!! So good to see you here. I'm really liking your blog. Keep up the great work! I'll tell Katie that you love her cake. She does have quite the imagination. Lots of love back to you are your sweet family.
Hugs 2 all, Jax
Way to go Katie..I love, love, love this cake! You did a great job!
Hey Snackie, I see you added another one of my all time great friends, "the recipe girl!" Isn't she awesome!!!!!! I made two batches of her cinnabun cookies for our beach trip week end and they were all gone before I could even make the frosting! I have made a lot of her recipes and every single one of them have come out great! Let me know if you try any of them...hugs and hope you guys had a great week end! Ours was awesome! I'll tell you more later...heading to bed...big yawn..so tired!
Great job Katie! Where were you 4 years ago when Carlee was into Ariel and wanted that for her birthday cake?
Excellent!!! A+!!
Hey ...Thanks for the snow sweet one!...lol Gosh it is so pretty but it is slowing my Christmas shopping down a little. The roads are to icy and not worth the risk of driving. You should of seen the look in the twins eyes when I made the comment that it looks like they all might be getting my jam under the tree this year for Christmas!...lol I think they are recruiting hair dryers as I type to melt the snow down...what's wrong with my jam?...lol Jackie we are going to have a blast at the beach with the family. Mom and dad always make it so special out there everytime we go out there.
Don't you like the new stuff they have on Picasa with the pictures! I like yours...it turned out really cute Jackie!
I have company until tomorrow...so I'll try and post the pictures Wednesday morning. We are going to the Christmas Sweater production Wednesday evening with a pretty big group of people...looking forward to seeing it.
It has been busy, but fun with Bill here.
We went into Seattle today and it was beautiful! The kids all jsut blew into the house with some friends,,,they are going to make cookies and watch a movie...the fun never ends!
More snow to come Wednesday I guess...wow..we might turn into Alaskan folks here soon!
Love ya all...hugssssssss =O)
Hi Jax & Katie, LOVED the under the sea homework cake. Boy some folks would do anything for sweets. Katie the cake decorations were great and I bet it tasted good too. I remember a time a long time ago when Jax made a really cool cake too. It was a tree stump with honey dripping from the knot hole and Bee's swarming around it. It didn't last long tho as Bonnie's dog, Christmas, ate it in one BIG bite. We were all crushed about that. hahahah LOVE, mom/gma
Yes, she is adorable! What an amazing cake!
Hey Aunt Jackie! guess what I found out about? Its called cutest blog on the block.com It has REALLY CUTE blog backrounds for free, and you don't have to give them any information. You just click on backrounds from the home page and follow the directions.I did it to my blog and it turned out sooo cute! I'm might do mom's blog too.....Anyway just wanted you to know
Hi Girls, Thanks for all your sweet comments. I passed them on to Katie Pooh. And thanks Kayla for the tip on the blog background. I love it! If anyone else wants a different background, click on the box at the top left corner of my blog. So easy and I love that you don't have to give any info out! Hugs, Jax
Your new look is fantastic. I love a gal that's not afraid to rearrange the furniture...hah!!!
My comments are for the blog with Keaton's new eye wear and for Katie's cake. WOW! Keaton you look so good in your new glasses and I know how much it helps cause I just started out wearing mine to read and didn't know how much I could not see until I got them. I know you will come to love them cause with 'em you can see which is pretty cool.
Katie, what a wonderful project that cake is really special. I have never heard of someone doing a project like that but how great is that to be able to make a cake, get a great grade and then eat the cake!!! Your a brain for thinking up that one.
Jax, I continue to love your blog and between you and Chris they keep me totally entertained.
Wish you guys could have been with us at the ocean last weekend, big storm, 80 MPH winds and it was awesome but then again you choose to live there in snow land so what can I say. Stay tune for a surprise I have planned for you. Give a hug to that big hubby of yours.
Papa Evans
Hi Papa! I passed on your nice comments to the kidos. And what's this - a big surprise? I'm staying tuned! :D Hugs & love 2 you an Nana, Jax
Post a Comment