Saturday, January 17, 2009

Chocolate is better than wet carpet!

 
Hi Friends, FYI - I posted a recipe for Triple Chocolate Cake, aka No Frosting Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake, over at my food blog. Click here to check it out. It is delicious! This is the cake I made for Katie's family party. As you can see in the picture below she's been a chocolate lover like her parents for many years. :D

 
The last picture is the reality that is our weekend: Flooding in the basement. UGH! Carl has been shop vac-ing since yesterday. It was off for a little bit, but now he has started up again. Keaton has been a major help. I have been offering, but Carl is a trooper and does most of it himself. I am keeping him well fed and giving him neck and backrubs periodically. We will have to replace carpet, but I think we have a credit at the flooring store since Carl does electrical work for them in trade. That's a huge blessing!

 
Chocolate is definitely better than wet carpet. I think I'm gonna go find me some!

Blessings all, Jax

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Jax, what happened? Why the flooding? Home onwers should help with the replacement as well. It does seem like Chocolate is the way to go.

CarJax said...

Hi Bons, Thanks for your note. There's been so much water from melting snow because of the high temps that it decided to have a party in our basement. Insurance doesn't cover it because it is ground water. Loving that... Blessings onya, Jax

Tammyz said...

THAT is the cutest picture I have ever seen!! Oh my word!! That girl of yours was as adorable then as she is now!! I have to say though that you rank right up there with my mom putting sugar in my baby cereal at 3 weeks old!! :( heehee!! If she only knew... Anyway, are you dreaming about how you are going to redecorate downstairs with new carpet?? Meanwhile, happy chocolate eating!! xoxoxo

CarJax said...

Hi Tam! Guess whose lap she's sitting on? Carl's!! He fed her a fudgesicle and the rest is history! Which means Mama's had to deal with the effects ever since. HA! Love U, Jax

Christine said...

Oh I am so sorry you guys! Is Carl able to find the source and stop the water from coming in? We'd sure come and help out if we were closer...prayers your way for the water to stop!

Chocolate always makes me happy...

littleboyblue said...

Ugh! Sorry this is continuing. I hope everything dries up soon. We have no snow in our yard. Maybe that is a sign for you, there's an end in sight.
I love the picture of Katie, and those two little teeth!
I can't believe what I am hearing, RAIN. Praying that it is not raining at your house. I just thought of something. I have a carpet shampooer that you can use to suck up water, not sure if that is easier than a shopvac, but maybe. It covers a larger area in one swipe. Let me know. Now sure why I didn't think of it sooner. Will keep praying for ya and your family.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear you are still having problems with water in your basement! Let me know if I can be of any help; I would be more than happy to come over and help Carl.
Armin
P.S. Sunday school went well this morning =) We missed having you there!

Christine said...

Hows it going over there you guys....



Corrie ten Boom interview - Inspiring!

Awesome Study I did in 2009