Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Birthday to the Most Precious Mom (Lady) in the Whole World!

 

Happy Birthday, Mom!

What can I possibly say that will convey my love and admiration for you, Mom? I am not a writer so I usually compile a birthday list. But I want this to be a letter, however inadequate it will be. Mom, you are my number one hero. In the first collage above Jesus is in the center. As far back as I can remember Jesus has been the center of your life. He is your love and because of you (I am quite sure) He is my love and my everything too. And where would either of us be without Him? Thank you for living out that love every day. Thank you for being the woman you are; caring, loving, strong, supportive, encouraging, serving, giving, listening, sharing, hopeful, joyful, kind, good, gentle, patient, prayerful, discipling, discipled, loyal, and longing to see Jesus. (And this is not a complete list!) You are all about family, your own and God's. You have been the best mother a strong willed girl-child could ever ask for. And you are a devoted and loving wife. Your example and commitment to love Dad in an honoring way has blessed my marriage over and over. When times are hard, you stay the course knowing God will bless and the morning will come (and the promised joy with it). I've learned this from you and I have been blessed beyond measure because of it. There's so much more I feel in my heart, but my brain does not think like a writer so I will end by saying again, Happy Birthday, Mom.

I love you more than words could ever say.

Your Jax

P.S. I'll try to add more photos of Mom with other family members tomorrow. :)

(click on collage to enlarge)

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Jax, I would say you are a writer. That was a beatiful letter honoring Mom. She is all you said and more. Prase the Lord above for a Faithful Mom - that took us to church when we were kids and in doing so led each of us to the Lord. Thank you Mom!!! Love, Bonnie

CarJax said...

Amen Bons! Thanks for posting. Hugs, Jax

Christine said...

Oh my gosh..how'd I miss this??? Happy Birthday Momma Barb!!!! Very nicely put Jackie, and I agree with Bons - u's a writer!



Corrie ten Boom interview - Inspiring!

Awesome Study I did in 2009