Thursday, January 1, 2009
New Year's Fun!
Last night Keaton had a friend over, Timmy, and we all piled in the truck around 7:00 p.m. and headed out to Steve & Shelby's to celebrate the old and the new year. I brought over a carrot cake and some sausage, cheese and crackers and Shelby put out quite a spred with the highlights for me being some yummy crockpot chili (with all the toppings) and a plate of shrimp and cocktail sauce...oh yes and some really flavorful cantelope! There was much more, but this is what I zeroed in on. :D Katie was with Morgan and her family (and a gang of kids) so we were minus a daughter, but she had fun and was well taken care of. I didn't get any pictures while we were at the Weems', but we had a lot of fun visiting. We left around 11:10 p.m. cause Carl needed to get to bed. He's been burning the candle at both ends and had been up since 5:15 a.m. and worked all day as well. So I tucked him in and even layed down on the heating pad for about 15 - 20 minutes then I jumped back up and Keaton, Timmy and I watched the ball drop and rang in the new year with horns, hats, poppers and cheers. We slept in today (hallelujah!) and it has just been a nice pleasant easing into 2009. Hope you all are having a great day too. Love you bunches...Jax & family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Looks like you guys had a very nice time. Jackie...I am getting old...I stayed home, crochet my blanket, watched movies and made a Greek din din for the hubby!...lol I am thinking we all need to save our money and meet in Hawaii next year for Christmas!!!!!!! Let's do it...I am so tired of this cold weather!
Oh I see your tracker!!! lol hey you should set it up so it doesn't trak you coming and going. Mine only tracks visitors. So if Kent is on mine it is friends or family not me. I think there was a box you could click to stop it from tracking yourself. hugssssssssssssss
That boy of yours is so sweet and I don't even know him. He looks so cute (sorry if that embarrasses him) with you wearing his celebratory hat. His Nana says he is a 'punkin' but I thought that was just the grandma gene kicking in. Love to see the picture of all of you and keep up with your lives.
You go Keaton! How was Super Mario? The girls got Outdoor Challenge, for the Wii, and they love playing it. You'll have to come try it out with them!
Sounds like you had a wonderful time on New Year's Eve. I don't know how you got off that heating pad and watched the ball fall. I would have shut my eyes in a couple of minutes and been down for the count.
Happy 2009!
Hi Jax, I have not been on for a few days so before you think I have forgotten you & am not enjoying your blog----here I is. I loved the pictures of you and that sweet Keaton with your 2009 "crowns" on and the horns and him with his friend. I am sooo glad you do all those fun things with you kidos to celebrate the holidays and other fun times. They will always remember how much fun their mama was & their home was!!! You are a blessing to your family and to Dad & I and all you meet. ^)^ LOVE, mom
I am returning from a big Christmas blog break!
Happy New Year! Love all of your pics!
Dar
Post a Comment