Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Good Read...


If you have not read this book yet, let me introduce you. It's called Abba's Child and so far I have found it to be a very good read. Here is a list of the chapters:

1. Come Out of Hiding
2. The Imposter
3. The Beloved
4. Abba's Child
5. The Pharisee and the Child
6. Present Risenness
7. The Recovery of Passion
8. Fortitude and Fantasy
9. The Rabbi's Heartbeat

Have you read any good books lately? Please share.

Have a blessed week!

Love, Jax

7 comments:

Christine said...

I have read parts of this but not the entire book. I am so bad Jackie, I have about 5 books going right now! Ya think I might have a little ADD?????


Oh My gosh I love your back ground...I really need to figure out how to get out of boredom zone on my blog...ugh!

Hey when your nest is empty, maybe the four of us can take a trip!!!!!

Hope you guys are all doing good there. It has been fun seeing Bonnie's blogs...what a blessing you both are to know!

Tell the Fam Fam hi for me.

Christine said...

Oh the Book I am doing daily is the "The Love Dare book!" Watched Fireproof and couldn't believe that was the book they used in that show!...lol

Bonnie said...

Jax, love the new back ground. Makayla still as to help me - but I think Im getting the hang of it now. We tryed about 5 new backgounds this evening. I like the new one I have now. I use to read all the time - now its mainly magazines and my Bible. Makayla and friends are wanting to start a mother - daughter book club. That might be just the thing I need to get my nose back in a book. Love ya!

Barb said...

Hi Jackie, your blog wallpaper is soooooo beautiful and gets prettier each time I tune in!!! I love all the uplifting verses and scriptures etc. that you add right along they are a blessing to me and many I am sure. I have not read that book but maybe if it is yours later I can borrow it and read it. I can't believe with ALL you do that you have time to be in 2 book clubs. You are truely as amazing lady!!! I enjoyed our little chat yesterday and we must do it more. You are such a blessing to me and you are my "sunshine". Going to bed now so have a GR8 week ahead. LOVE, mom

CarJax said...

Hi Girls!! Thanks for your posts. I l*o*v*e love to read as y'all know. Sometimes I don't have as much time as I'd like, but it definitely helps being a (couple of) book clubs. :O) I also read another great book just recently called 'When Crickets Cry' - a Christian novel about a heart Dr. That's what spurred me to quote the "Guard your heart..." scripture on my blog title. It was a great read too. Love U all bunches. Your special friendships bring me so much joy! -Jax

CarJax said...

P.S. Mama, I would be glad to loan you my book when I'm done. And you are my sunshine too!

Chris, Carl and I loved that movie and we went right out and ordered the books and couple's kit. We saw it awhile back so now we just need to take the time to crack open our books! Thankfully, God has blessed our messes and we have a very loving relationship already. Oh and last but not least, stand aside Sista - you ain't seen ADD till you've seen me in action. Ha!

Bons, Your mother - daughter book club sounds like a great idea. And I really like your new blog background. Good choice.

Well, nightie night for me. Hugs 2 all, Jax

{darlene} said...

Jackie, your comment made me cry. Praise God that he uses us! It never ceases to amaze me how He does!!!
Do you mind if I make a post out of/including your comment?
Thank you dear friend! And may God's mighty hand be in your daughter's act of love for the unborn!!

Darlene



Corrie ten Boom interview - Inspiring!

Awesome Study I did in 2009