Recently at the persistant request of my 17 year old, I ordered a great movie from Amazon.com called The Inheritance. It's based on the novel by Louisa May Alcott and my daughter and I love it! The only trouble is, I accidentally ordered two (which I didn't realize until the box arrived). Soooo... I decided to have a DVD Give-Away! Here's what you wanna do to be in the running: Sign up on my sidebar to follow my blog (optional) and leave a comment on this particular post. If you leave a comment, it would be fun to hear what your favorite family movie or "Chick Flick" is. Here is what this tale of yesteryear is about (quoting from the back of the DVD case):
At the lush Evenswood estate in Concord, Massachusetts, Edith Adelon, a beautiful orphan, lives as the paid companion to the daughter of the wealthy Hamilton family, although they regard her as one of their own. Years ago, Henry Hamilton saved Edith from an Italian orphanage...(spoiler) Now, Edith is his daughter Amy's prized friend and confidante. As the Hamiltons await a trio of visitors for the annual Greens Cup horse race, Beatrice Hamilton asks for Edith's help in finding a suitable husband for a cousin, Ida Glenshaw, with one of two visiting eligible bachelors. But when it becomes ... (the rest gives too much away).
The Inheritance is a story that centers on an innocent young woman's struggle to make sense of her position within the Hamilton household and in society, and the love she feels for her patrons, as well as for a young man she can never marry.
I will announce the winner this Friday, February 27th.
Okay, let the fun begin! :O)
Hugs,
Jax
P.S. This DVD is new, not used. The movie itself came out in the late 90s. :O)
17 comments:
I love a good movie. especially if it is wholesome and heartwarming.
or funny!
I love "End of the Spear" it is an excellent movie that effects your Walk.
off to check my follower status with you!!
just tried to add you.... and blogger won't let me! I will try again later!
Sign me up - I am a faithful follower and we love this movie. (but don't own it) One we really like thats not out yet is Bedtime Stories. We saw it at the movies.
Sign me up, Sista!! :D Let's see... have you seen Sweet Home Alabama?? Super cute!! My other "gotta see every so often"... P&P, Overboard, While You Were Sleeping, When Harry Met Sally...Gilmore Girls, the Office, Frazier & Seinfeld are always great to have in a collection as well!! :D Love you much!!!
Hey Aunt Jackie! I saw your big DVD give away and decided to drop by to give you a comment ;) I love your new backround I think it is really cute! (FYI) So any way I love this movie! It is one of my Favs! My all time favorite chick flick is Pride and Prejudice. I first saw it with my mom when I was 6 and have been watching though the years ever since. Love ya Lots
Kayla
Hey sign me up...if I don't win it I'll for sure and check it out on Netflix. Hope you guys are all well...Alison has Mono...ugh!
Well, can't you just see me and my three lovely daughters watching this, having a mother-daughter-daughter-daughter moment. :)
Hey, we like free stuff and Armin doesn't mind a good chick flick now and then! I like mindless funny stuff, but then again, I'm a sucker for Jane Austen movies too! Or movies made from Jane Austen books, since she didn't really make any movies.
Ooooh, a give-away! I LOVE prizes!
My all-time favorite chick flick is Pride and Prejudice, but I also really enjoy Two Weeks Notice, and How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days.
Sounds like a sweet story. I am a romantic/chick flick kind of person. My more recent one is Somethings Gotta Give. That's probably because they (Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton) are in my age group. Can't get away from reality enough to imagine those young fellow looking deep into my eyes. Not when I have some grand kids their age.Older people with bad hearts are more my speed.
Hi Jackie! Thank you for de-lurking, it's nice to meet you! I have never seen this movie, but it looks like one I would enjoy. Please enter me!
~Kelli
P.s. We love the Lakehouse.
I have no idea if I am doing this right, but I love a good movie! I am sure this is not the right venue to post this comment that it has been such a pleasure catching up with all of you on facebook! Also, I am following my nieces blog as Aunt Jeannie and don't really know how to change that, so guess it will stay!
Hi Girls! I'm so excited that you all have joined the fun. Just sorry you can't all win! Have a blessed week and check in for the big announcement on Friday. :O) Hugs & blessings, Jax
P.S. Jeannie, you did everything just right.
Hi Jackie, YES, I agree this is a really good and fun movie and since I have it I guess that puts me out of the running. I have watched Balet Shoes and Miss Potter and Bedtime Stories lately and really enjoy them and yes P&P is an all time favorite but I am hoping I will learn of other goods ones by reading your comments on this blog. ^)^ Keep having FUN. Love, mom
Hey..can you resend me how to make back ground changes...was going to try and fiddle around with it this week end if I can...thanks
Oh and a good movie we just watched was Facing the Giants and Fireproof. I just got the "Love Dare" book in the mail yesterday and I am so excited to start it. Day one out of 40 starts today in the book.
I'm gonna win, I'm not sure why everyone else is signing up:)
My favorite movie is "American President" you know it has that fairy tale ending. One of my favorite family movies is Nanny McPhee...wish she was at my house occasionaly.
Oh, I forgot, my newest movie I love is "Fireproof"!! Watched it just a couple weeks ago, yes, while in the hospital with my sweet baby!!
...and the winner is....lol Hey hope you guys have a great week end...you ready to go to the beach with us...would be fun. Hey I bought tickets for the woman of faith convention for July...ali and I are going...would be fun if that was the week end you guys were going to be in town.I think it is the 24 and 25th July. Anywoo...was just thinking. Got book club lunch here tomorrow so working on menu and getting things spiffed up here....hi ho back to work I go.
Post a Comment