Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Good Word...

Psalm 146:
3 Do not put your trust in princes,
in mortal men, who cannot save.

4 When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
on that very day their plans come to nothing.

5 Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the LORD his God,

6 the Maker of heaven and earth,
the sea, and everything in them—
the LORD, who remains faithful forever.

7 He upholds the cause of the oppressed
and gives food to the hungry.
The LORD sets prisoners free,

8 the LORD gives sight to the blind,
the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down,
the LORD loves the righteous.

Daily Bible Verse for 10/19/08

5 comments:

P-Dot said...

I just love these passages of scripture. Thanks for sharing them.
Did you make "the cake"? I'm still waiting for our friend that dresses up dogs to send me the recipe for a Plum and Bisquick thing that Judith says is really good. I've requested it two times but no luck so far. The plums are on the verge of rotting and I will have to go and buy some more. Ha haha

CarJax said...

Hi Penni, I haven't made the cake yet (probably toward next weekend) but it is calling me - lol! I think you better go check out the plum recipes on allrecipes.com before those delicious things rot. Love ya, Jax

P-Dot said...

I got the recipe for an unmentioned source and made the plum cake. Then my friend came over to visit with some leftover DGD 2nd birthday cake with cream cheese filling and it won out. I guess I could just eat them both and go into into a glycemic meltdown.

CarJax said...

I'm glad you got the recipe! I hope she shares it with me too. :O)

P-Dot said...

This is what she posted on my blog:

This is so cool. Sorry have been busy here. Was just making my rounds and saw your comment on snackies page...lol

Take bisquick (sp?) and make the biscuit recipe.

Take the mixture and press it down flat on a cookie sheet.

Slice your plums into quarters and lay them on top of the biscuit mixture on your cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar to your taste, as sweet as you'd like it really. Now bake in a 400 oven for about 20 minute or until the edged are just a little bit brown. Kind of like a fruit pizza. You can use other fruits but we love the plums the best. Good luck! sorry it took so long for me to get this to ya.



Corrie ten Boom interview - Inspiring!

Awesome Study I did in 2009