Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy 17th Birthday, Precious Katie!

 
"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord," -Psalm 127:3

Katie, you are and always will be a wonderful gift to us straight from the Giver of all GOOD gifts.

17 reasons why Katie is so special:

*She loves Jesus
*She is a wonderful daughter, sister, friend, grand-daughter, niece, cousin, etc.
*She is very loving to her family and friends
*She loves little children and they love her
*She has so much joy and loves to laugh
*She loves to make her loved ones feel special by giving extra special gifts
*She is kind to the downhearted
*She is a loyal friend
*She is fun and funny
*She loves to help others
*She stands up for what is right
*She allows herself and others to be imperfect
*She hurts when others hurt
*She is a hard worker
*She is artistic (loves dance, culinary arts, crafts of all kinds...)
*She is smart (Keaton helped me with that one and he's right:)
*She loves to reach out to people for Jesus through missions

There's more, but that will have to wait until her 18th birthday. :D

Happy Birthday (on the 8th), Sweet One. Your father and I are so blessed that God chose you to be our one and only daughter.

Love always & forever,

Mom & Dad

P.S. Keaton says, "Thanks for being a great Sis for all these years. I love you big 17 year old!"

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow 17 and what a woman! Kate there are so many things I love about you. Your sense of humor, the fun you bring to any event or situation. Your great work ethic. Your sense of style. Your almost as good a shopper as me.
;0) Your loving heart towards God and others. I have a little Katie that lives with me and I hope she turns out just as good. Love you, Aunt Bonnie

Tammyz said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Katie!! All I can add to these wonderfully true comments is that you SHINE!! You have been such a blessing to our family as you have loved on our kids!! I have seen you be a faithful and hard worker always with a positive attitude... I have seen you be a loyal and loving friend, even when you were hurting yourself or in a tough spot I have seen you do the right thing... YOU are a treasure!!! God bless this year for you and continue to use you for his glory!! We love you, Katie!! The Z's XOXOOXOXOXO

Christine said...

Katie, YOU ROCK! Sending a great big happy Birthday hug your way! Hope you had an awesome day! I can not believe it has been 17 years!!!! Wow, just WOW!

Rachel said...

Miss Katie!!! Happy Birthday. The things I love about Katie are her great sense of humor, her work ethic AND her love for my kids! I love you...you are beautiful inside and out! love, Rachel, Ben, Clare and Brian

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday to a girl who is loved so very much and glad we got to spend some time together here lately.
Love, Aunt Kathy

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Katie! You are a special woman of God.

shawnalyne said...

I love your new blog layout! How did you do that?
And I can't believe Katie is 17! That makes ME feel old! What a precious family you have! Lord willing, we will see you all face to face sometime soon . .

Barb said...

Dear Katie, Happy 17th Birthday, It has been my honor to have known you since you were minutes old. I was the first to hold you after your mama & Papa in the hospital. When you were a little shaver you were quite the "stemwinder" and if you came to my apartment home I had to watch you like a hawk as you dearly LOVED to get into things. Now I know it was just your inquisitive mind at work. You are BEAUTIFUL inside and out and your have many gifts both physical and spiritual. You are very loving and kind, you have compassion, mercy and the gifts of helps and giving. You are very loyal to friends and family. You are a hard worker and not a lazy bone in your body. You always give me good health advice and it is always wise. How do you do that at such a young age? You love the Lord & I pray all the time you stay close to Him all your life and he will BLESS YOU. I could go on and on about the love and admiration I have for you and it was great having Birthday lunch with you today!! I LOVE YOU MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY, Gma Mather

CarJax said...

Thank you for your beautiful comments Dear Ones!! I read them to Katie and they brought her joy (me too)! BIG HUGS, Jax

P.S. Hi Shawn! Go to www.cutestblogontheblock.com for a free background. You don't have to give them any of your info. You just copy and paste your favorite html code in an html/java script widget (or gadget) under layouts. Just make sure you change your template to minima first. Hope that helps. :D

P-Dot said...

Jax,
How did a young woman, such as yourself have such an old child? You must have been 13 when she was born.

How wonderful to have all those loving thoughts sent your way Katie. You must be doing something right.
Sounds like you are a blessing to your family.



Corrie ten Boom interview - Inspiring!

Awesome Study I did in 2009